>Book Page Wreath

3 Apr

>After lusting after all of the beautiful book page wreaths that I’ve seen floating around the bloggy world for months, I FINALLY got my act together and made one for myself! I’m so thrilled with the way mine turned out – I can’t stop staring at it! I played around with where to hang it for a while and finally settled on the little hallway between my laundry room and living room. I always come and go through the garage, which is through the laundry room, so this way I get to see my beautiful wreath every time I enter or leave my house.

I used a foam wreath form from the Dollar Tree, and the same book that I’ve been using for all of my book page crafts, so my total cost for the project was only $1.00!

Here’s how I made the little rolls/flowers/leaves… I used a staple to hold them together, because it was easier than glue.

And here’s a whole bunch of my rolled book pages (they kind of look like little birdies about to take off)…

And, ta-da, the finished product! Once again, I absolutely ADORE the browned look of these antique pages, plus, they have gold gilt edges that you can’t really see in these pictures. If you’re ever going to make one of these, or any book page craft, I would strongly recommend doing what I did and grabbing an old book from the reject pile at your local used bookstore.

Now, I originally wanted to do a tutorial for this with lots of photos, but that didn’t quite work out. See, after the stapler worked so well to hold the rolled pages together, I decided to just try stapling the pages to my foam wreath form. Not only did this not work (the staples didn’t bend, and so they just popped right out of the form), but I also stapled my hand and nearly bled all over my beautiful wreath. At another point, after settling on tacky glue to hold the thing together, I rubbed my eye and got tacky glue in my eyeball.

So yeah, no tutorial. I’m just glad I survived this one! ;)

But, if you do want to learn how to make your own amazing book page wreath, check out these tutorials!

Book Page Flower Wreath at Lemon Tree Creations

Book Page Wreath at Living with Lindsay

Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!
DIY Day @ ASPTL Transformation Thursday

13 Responses to “>Book Page Wreath”

1. Leanne April 3, 2010 at 7:37 am #

>I love your wreath. I made a book pages ball, but I haven't made a wreath yet. Have a beautiful weekens and thanks for stopping by.

2. Vivobello April 3, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

>Beautiful! Love it!

3. Lauren April 3, 2010 at 12:48 pm #

>That is about THE coolest, cutest, neatest thing I've ever seen. I'm going to have to make me one now. :)

4. LambAround April 3, 2010 at 7:19 pm #

>Ooooh, book page WREATH (I read it as "book page wrath" at first and was expecting a totally different type of post!)I would love to have this hanging in my office. I guess I know what I'll be doing this afternoon. Thanks for sharing! :)Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Beware of (CUTE) Identity Theft this Easter

5. Allyson & Jere April 3, 2010 at 10:58 pm #

>Fun little wreath. So glad you survived the process and lived to tell about it. Thanks for stopping by my blog, AND commenting!

6. Katie April 4, 2010 at 2:06 am #

>Gorgeous!!!

7. Jane April 4, 2010 at 2:32 am #

>Looks great! Glad you didn't get blood on all your work! That would have been so frustrating. The story cracked me up. I've had some crafty near disasters too.

8. Embellished Bayou April 6, 2010 at 4:11 am #

>Great job, despite all the injuries!

9. Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something April 6, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

>absolutely delightful! I can't wait to make these little pretties! I hopped over from Strut Your Stuff and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and I hope you'll do the same. until later…

10. Marina Capano April 6, 2010 at 10:04 pm #

>Wonderful! I love it so so much!xoxovisit me anytime!!!

11. Alicia@Thrifty And Chic April 8, 2010 at 4:26 am #

>Who would have thought that creating a wreath would be so hazardous? After all your trouble though, this sure turned out beautiful. I've seen these everywhere but never really saw a tutorial on it, so your 'tutorial' is perfect. And I love the gilded edges and stapling idea.

12. Sparta Savings April 8, 2010 at 4:56 am #

>My daughter and I just finished one, but used a hot glue gun. After many burns and two books – we survived it too! Yours looks great! Stay tuned, I'll be blogging about it soon!

13. Scrap-Happy Mama February 2, 2011 at 3:27 am #

>LOVE the wreath! I've been perusing blogs and sites for ideas to make some fun book page wreaths. Looking forward to some fun times. I really like your page "folds" and the stapler idea instead of hot glue to start.